KAREEKLOOF GAME FARM,
Self Catering Chalets, Guest Rooms, Country Wedding Venue,
Conference and Function Facility, Camping ,
, Near Rustenburg,
Kareekloof Game Farm is a privately owned game farm, where you can experience true South-African hospitality, with personal attention, care, and service.
- We are a countryside destination, where we offer the ideal breakaway from the stress and strain of city life.
- We sell peace, quietness, and a bushveld experience.
- We are not a hotel nor a resort, but a farm stay. You must entertain yourself.
- Our accommodation is comfortable, clean and a place to relax in.
Although you should book with us to come and relax in nature we do offer:
• Game Drives at an additional cost
• Bring your mountain bike for a challenging drive.
• Bring your hiking and trail running shoes.
• There are no TV’s in the chalets. In the main lodge is a TV with DSTV for you to use.
• Relax around the swimming pool.
• Bring your camera and take nice photos of our rich bird life and insects.
• Bring your binoculars and follow the birds.
• Ping pong table (table tennis), darts and board games.
• Sitting around the campfire and let the flames take you to other places.
• Stargazing – we have the most amazing nights with clear galaxy.
6km: Derby – Basic
20km: Koster – small town with a Choppies, Bank and Steers
40km: Rustenburg – Large town with mall
50km: Ventersdorp – Medium size town
60km: Pilansberg Game Reserve
70km: Sun City
20km: Brauhaus am Dam
25km: Anew Hotel
40km: Rustenburg Waterfall Mall
Our facility can be booked for:
• Self-Catering Chalets
• Rooms for travelers
• Country Wedding Venue
• Workshops and Demonstrations
• Family Reunions
• School Reunions
• Hall to rent for Parties.
A game drive is so much more that to just see animals. We do have giraffes, zebras, eland, blue wildebeest, blesbok, impala, kudu, waterbuck and many more antelope on our 1400ha game farm.
We host many species of birds, trees and grass.
But do not misreckon the small wildlife like dun beetle, different kinds of insects, hogs and many more.
The beauty of nature is all her glory is to be watched from our open safari vehicle.
The drives last for about 60 – 90 minutes.
Early morning nature drive: 06H30
Late afternoon Nature drive: 16H30
Cost: R1000 per drive
(Not per person. If there is one person on the vehicle the price is R1000, If there is 9 people on the vehicle the price is R1000)
Drives are subjected to good weather conditions.
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee what you are going to see. The animals are roaming freely around the farm.
- Meals must be booked, at least, 24 hours in advance. All meals are being prepared just for you and need planning.
- We are proud that we do all our meals freshly on the premises. Real home cooking.
- We do not have a commercial restaurant, so we only do traditional South African cuisine.
- We are not a hotel with waiters and all that goes with a commercial restaurant.
- People’s comments are usually that it felt they have visited their family and had a good time around the dinner table.
- We do not cater for special needs, religion limits and any other restriction.
Bacon, Fish Fingers, Scrambled Eggs, Toast, Jam, Cheese, Yoghurt, Cereal, Juice, Coffee and Tea. – R150 per person
Traditional – Kareekloof Breakfast
Pap, Bacon, Wors, Scrambled Eggs, Toast, Jam, Cheese, Yoghurt, Cereal, Juice, Coffee and Tea – R170 per person
Dinner time will be discussed with you.
Breakfast is served between: 08H00 and 10H00
1) Set menu dinner. Please find out before placing your dinner order what is on the menu. Main Meal and Desert – R200 per person
2) Saturday dinner is usually a bbq around the campfire. – R200 per person
Serving is buffet style just because we do not have waiters. Although we have good portions (after all, you on the farm), but it is not to say, eat as much as you can.
Cash bar is not included in the meal prices. That is optional extra.
Check-in and Check-out times:
Check-in: From 14h00
On the first day of check in, you must be here before 19H00.
Reception close at 19H00
After you checked in, you are welcome to go out again.
Check-out: Not later than 10H00
If you check out later that 10H00 a day fee may be applicable.
TV/WiFi/Cell phone network/Pets/Wood/Ice
• Get disconnected from your electronic devices for your stay with us. You are now on a digital vacation. Let us call it a detox breakaway.
• We do not have TV’s in the chalets or rooms. Spend quality time with your family. Loved ones and friends.
• There is a Big Screen TV in the public lounge where you can watch TV or your football or rugby team.
• The best is to download your preferred program on your device before visiting the farm.
• We so not allow pets. We have dogs that helps us protect you from intruders and other.
• We sell wood and ice but NOT cigarettes.
Breakage and Key Deposit:
A refundable breakage deposit of R500 is payable on arrival.
After 5 days you can contact our office for the refund minus any breakage – if any.
All cancellations must be submitted in writing.
Cancellation charges apply, as follows:
• More than one month prior to check-in date: No forfeit - full refund
• 22-30 days prior to check-in date: Forfeit 25% of the deposit
• 15-21 days prior to check-in date: Forfeit 60% of the deposit
• 08-14 days prior to check-in date: Forfeit 80% of the deposit
• 01-07 days prior to check-in date: Forfeit 100% of the deposit
• Non-arrival or early departure: No refund - the total booking value is forfeit / payable
In all above cases an admin fee of R150 will be deducted from your refund.
By paying your deposit, you agreed that your read our terms and conditions and will adhere to it.
We are looking forward to your visit and meeting you.
Connect With Us
Follow us on Facebook